1) Dogs, skates, bikes or baby joggers are not allowed on the 5k race course. Baby joggers will be allowed during the 1 Mile Fun run however.
2) Runners must remain on the road and follow the instructions of volunteers to stay on the race course.
3) The Race Committee, Rocky Mount Parks and Recreation, and the Rocky Mount Police Department reserve the right to reject an application or remove any participant from the course at their discretion.
4) All race entries are final. No refunds will be provided should you have to cancel.
5) Transfer of race numbers is prohibited. Anytime a runner uses another person's number, it causes concern for a race director. For your safety, we need to know who is in the race. In addition race results are adversely affected from this, which can cause awards errors in a small race.
6) There are no pacers or bandits allowed in the race. Any runner found on the course without a number will be removed. Any extra runners entering the race takes away from those that paid to run.
7) Once you cross the finish line, runners must have their timing chip removed, and move away from behind the finish line. This rule is to prevent crowding and ensure all runners have a safe finish.
8) In order to maintain fairness among teams, couples participating in the Sweetheart Division must consist of a man and a woman. This is solely to ensure no team gets a competitive advantage. To keep with the spirit of fun and friendly competition, teams should also be made up of runners who are dating, engaged, or married. Thank you for helping us to enforce this rule.